It is always recommended to download and install the latest of version of WHMCMS to ensure the highest stability and compatibility with WHMCS.
1) Download Latest Version
To download the latest version of WHMCMS login in our client area then follow these simple instructions:
- From top navbar click the "My Services" link.
- Click on one of your active WHMCMS licenses/purchases to view details.
- Click on "Downloads" tab.
- The latest version should be at the top in this page, inside it you may find multiple files to download, you will need the one recommended for new installations.
2) Upgrade WHMCMS
- Unzip/Extract contents of the file you have downloaded previously inside one of your PC folders.
- Inside "Upload" folder, you will find 2 different version of WHMCMS, one that supports PHP 7.2, and the other one supports PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.1, pick one of them based on the version of PHP you have in your website.
- Using FTP client (eg. Filezilla) upload the entire folder (/Uploads/PHPx.x) contents inside WHMCS main directory.
- Now go to Admin Area -> Addons -> WHMCMS and it will run any database changes required.